Fusion Culture Group Annual Report by Little Frog
Welcome to our domain and our patch of happiness!
We believe that learning must be fun and engaging. We constantly search for creative ways to connect people and bridge cultures. This year, we introduced magic and laughter in our activities as an experiment. It proved to be an effective way to break down language, cultural and social barriers.
With the support of City of Sydney and the nurturing environment at Harris Community Centre and Ultimo Community, our members are gradually “growing-up” and maturing into responsive, responsible and contributing citizens of the community. Below are some of the tiny steps we have made…and they will become giant steps one day as we march into the new horizon.
- Name Recognition: We have made a name for ourselves as the group of happy vibes…we bring vitality, sound, laughter and energy to the party wherever we go. We constantly receive invitations to various community events either as an entertainment team or as guests.
- Free Laughter Workouts: Twenty one-hour sessions were conducted between January-November. Over 500 people from various cultural backgrounds attended. Due to popular demand, we will continue to run laughter workouts starting February
- Free Magic Shows: Five shows were delivered to a total of 800+people between April and November. The audiences were impressed by our acts and many were inspired to enquire about becoming a magician.
- Fusion Brain & Body Workout” at Customs House was part of the 2015 Living in Harmony festival. It was a sold out event with 200+ spectators attending and 60 volunteers involved. Fusion Culture Group was the organizer working in partnership with the Brain Foundation
- I LOVE AUSTRALIA project, supported by City of Sydney through a matching grant, took off with a bang in June. This is a ten-month project and it is anticipated that we would have touched the lives of over 2000 people from online surveys to entry submissions, from volunteers to performers, from sponsors to event partners, etc.
- New Partnership collaborations brought new community and business groups together through our I LOVE AUSTRALIA project. The project partners include Bendigo Bank Community Bank (Pyrmont), Macquarie University, Navitas English, Spanish Community Care Assoc.
What people say about us…
Daniel Denford, Manager, Ultimo Community Centre: Awesome… it’s great to hear your members are enjoying their experiences. It is our pleasure to keep working with you and supporting you. Without your commitment our community would definitely be worse off. Thanks, Dan (3/12/15)
Krys J of SydneySings: I just wanted to say how I really felt quite honoured to perform with you guys and entertain your community group. I was overwhelmed with their wonderful response and I just love their enthusiasm for taking on all sorts of projects… Thank you so much for allowing me to be involved involved. You do a fabulous job…(3/12/15)
Alan Koit, Cliff Noble Community Centre, Alexandria: The shows were really great today. The food were yummy, people were positive in spirit and the atmosphere was vibrant with +ve energy. I saw in you today a director, show performer as well as a photographer. You are full of energy! Wonder where you harvest it? Anyway well done Sylvia! I enjoy the party and the company of the FCG and look forward to associate more with them. Thanks again for inviting me to this gathering… (2. 12.15)
Didi Rowlatt, Ultimo Community Centre…..We could see that it’s a wonderful workshop as it brings all cultures together which is especially good for older people. It was extremely impressive how you conducted the workshop in two languages. I really admire your skill and your energy as it takes a lot to do something like that. What a wonderful person you are to do such a good thing for so many people…. (7.8.15)
Aqueo Amada from Brarzil, member of Harris Community Centre: It was very nice to meet you and to see you frequently. 😉 I loved the Fusion Laughter workout. It was fantastic, funny and relaxing! Hope I can continue to participate. Aqueo Amada …(9.9.15)
Sally, Volunteer – Harris Community Centre: When I had your Laughter class today, I think you are an energetic and passionate Madam. When I had English class, I also think you are a knowledgeable person. I think I can learn from you by working with you for this project. It is very impressive that you wrote down the syllable (vowel and consonant) to teach English words to your student. (2.9.15)
We are on course and look forward to another adventurous and rewarding year with renewed energy, pride and empowerment .
The first quarter major events are:
- 30/1/16: I LOVE AUSTRALIA Celebration & Exhibition at Ultimo Community Centre
- 16/2/16: Chinese New Year Celebration at Marigold Restaurant
- 12/3/16 Voice of Sydney, Australia… at Customs House
Hope to see you at some of our events and activities which guarantee to delight and intrigue you.
If the animals could talk, they will probably say, “Very good, very good, yeah…..”